This Week’s Post.
Recently I put a call out for guest bloggers and blogging opportunities. Through this, I began chatting with Amanda who we will all get to meet in this interview post. Please do check out Amanda’s website if you would like to learn more about her or what she does.
Meet The Guest.
1. What is your name? (It can be a Pen Name or Nickname that you go by online.) Hi, I’m Amanda Gene.
2. What is the name of your blog, channel or current project? I can be found at amandagene.com
3. What Is the purpose of your blog, channel or project? The purpose of my blog is to inspire, encourage and educate those who have Nystagmus or any other disability and to help educate the general public that people with disabilities are worthful.
4. Does your blog, channel or project have a tag line? By the end of 2019, I want to have 600 followers for my blog, 200 Facebook page, and 100 YouTube Channel.
About The Project.
5. What inspired you to start your blog, channel or project? I actually started to blog for a class project when I was a sophomore in college; I loved it so much that I couldn’t stop. I would like to take my journalism degree and start my own freelancing business.
6. Who inspired you? I would say my family and friends.
7. What do you believe are your struggles in pursuing your particular venture? The fact that I yet to have a passport to travel. Until I get my passport I would love to travel around the United States.
8. What do you believe are your successes in pursuing your venture? I work hard.
9. Do you offer guest opportunities on your blog, channel or project? Yes, I welcome guests on my blog and channel. Please feel free to email me at: email@example.com
Getting TO Know you.
10. What are your interests apart from online content creation? I love to read and play with my dog.
11. What is your favourite colour? I love blue.
12. What is your least favourite colour? White.
13. If you flipped your age around, what would it be? I’m 30, so it would be 03.
14. Have you any disabilities? Yes.
15. What are they, and how do they impact your daily life? I have low vision due to having Nystagmus from birth. I use a screen reader to help me read my computer, a print to text software called Kurzweil 3000. I use a talking book player to read. I use a white cane to travel at night or when its bright out. In the kitchen I use long oven mittens and a black cutting board. My Cerebral Palsy only effects my writing, so sometimes I take a brake if I am writing in print and sometimes, I use a jar opener to help open cans. For my Dyslexia I use Alexa Echo. I have an Iphone 8 which has Siri on it.
One Word Answer Time.
16. Tea or coffee? Both
17. Soft drink or water? Soft drink
18. Books or movies? Books
19. Dogs or cats? Dogs 😊
20. Rain or sunshine? Sunshine
21. Spring or summer? Spring
22. Fast Cars or leisurely road trips? Leisurely Road trips
23. If you had one thing to say to everyone who reads this, what would it be? Don’t give up on your dreams. Keep working hard.
24. If you had one lesson you’ve learned in life to share with the world, what would it be? To keep going and to not give up.
Where can you be found?
YouTube Channel: Amanda Gene Nelson
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AmandaGeneN/